Monday, August 20, 2012

Into the Future! (Well, MY Future)

So this is only my second post, and I'm already kind of liking this whole blogging thing. I never thought I'd like this sort of thing, since I'm not exactly the blogger type: you know, extreme extrovert, outgoing, talkative, nosy, opinionated. No, I like to think that I'm the opposite of most of these things (though I'm sure there's more than one person who will tell you I'm flattering myself).
This is really fun, though. I don't know what it is, but I'm actually enjoying this a lot more than I thought I would. Maybe it's just because I'm a writer, and I take pleasure in coming up with those awesome metaphors, snappy dialogue, or those descriptions that make you stop and think. (Yup, that really is what I live for.)
I wonder how long I'll be doing this. I mean, after a while, I won't be able to keep up with the posting and stuff, and I'll forget my password or something and that will be that. I'll definitely keep writing though. No stopping me.
Speaking of the future and all, I've been thinking about careers a lot lately. I'm only a tenth grader, I know, but it's never too early to figure out what you want to do with your life. And right now, I want to be a doctor.
Let me give you the grand list of "final" career choices for me. When I was very little, I wanted to be a writer. Still do. But then I figured out that unless you're a supremely good writer, you don't make much money. So I started looking for other options.
A little later in life, I wanted to be a nun. Yes, I know, who would want to do that? Let's just say I was feeling divinely inspired. Then I found out that if you're a nun, you can't have kids. As a little girl dressed all in pink, craddling my baby-doll, this didn't sit well, as you can imagine.
Next, I settled on being in the United States Air Force. (I was pretty goofy back then, okay?) I had taken a trip to Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio and I had my heart set on flying a B2 bomber, which was (and still is) the most beautiful plane I've ever had the privelege of laying eyes on. Then I found out you had to have perfect vision to be a pilot in the air force. And there went option number three down the toilet. Floooosh.
Shortly after the whole Air Force thing, I set my sights a little higher in terms of jobs. On NASA, to be exact. I was going to be an astronaut. Needless to say, only a year or so after this, President Obama shut down the Space Program. :(
And now I want to be a doctor, which sounds really cliche. It's really what I'm interested in, though. I love biology and anatomy, and I want to help people. I'm not going into it for the money, especially considering that I'm going to be paying my own way through college and grad school. Hopefully, healthcare or something won't bomb the industry before I finally make it there.

No comments:

Post a Comment