School's starting again. Yep, it's that time of year. Doesn't it just get you so excited to think that we have to be back in school, struggling to balance interests, extracurriculars, and school work, trying to maintain our GPAs to keep up with the competition, and getting used to new friends -- or no friends, as the case may be?
Okay, so probably most people rank the whole friends thing higher than the GPA thing, but that's just me. I'm a nerd. Surprise, surprise! I hope I didn't shock anyone too badly.
Yes, my GPA is very important to me, especially since I'm towards the higher end of the scale as far as that goes, if we're crunching numbers. And the one thing that gives me the most trouble, puts me in the most jeopardy, gives me the most stress headaches, is that tiny, four-letter word for trouble: math.
It's not that I'm not good at math or something. I get As in math, generally. The trouble is, I'm struggling in math more than I am in other subjects. Which makes it my problem area.
And the worst part, the thing I'm most nervous about this school year, is that I have not one, but two challenging math classes that I have to take on if I'm going to keep up with my GPA and all those 5.0 classes.
So I'm taking Algebra II, which is known for it's difficulty. Fortunately, I've taken Algebra I twice, so maybe it won't be as hard as everyone says for me. And I'm taking Geometry, which I may or may not hate by the end of the year. It's one of those classes where you either love it or you want it banned from all schools, everywhere. I'm more of a visual person, so I was hoping that would make a difference, because Geometry is a lot of shapes and stuff like that. Who knows? Maybe I'll be lucky.
Oh, I'm also taking Chemistry. I guess I was brain-dead when I picked out my classes last year.
No comments:
Post a Comment